Tre italiane nelle graduatorie:
Al 43° posto della Top 50 Women to Watch (organizzata per numero di posizione in classifica) , figura Frida Giannini, Creative Director, Gucci .
Fra le Ten Women to Watch in Europe (pubblicata per ordine alfabetico), figurano invece Silvana Armani, Member of the board Giorgio Armani SpA, e Laura Ferro, Chairwoman and chief executive officer Gentium SpA.
Il THE WALL STREET JOURNAL'S TOP 50 WOMEN TO WATCH GLOBAL REPORT è stato pubblicato in tutte le edizioni di The Wall Street Journal.
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL'S TOP 50 WOMEN TO WATCH 2006
1. Melinda Gates, Co-Founder, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
2. Indra Nooyi, President and CEO, PepsiCo Inc.
3. Irene Rosenfeld, CEO, Kraft Foods Inc.
4. Patricia A. Woertz, CEO and President, Archer-Daniels-Midland Co.
5. Andrea Jung, Chairman and CEO, Avon Products Inc.
6. Neelie Kroes, EU Antitrust Commissioner, European Union Commission
7. Patricia Russo, Chairman and CEO, Lucent Technologies Inc.
8. Clara Furse, CEO, London Stock Exchange PLC
9. Anne Mulcahy, Chairman and CEO, Xerox Corp.
10. Margaret C. "Meg" Whitman, President and CEO, eBay Inc.
11. Zoe Cruz, Co-President, Morgan Stanley
12. Naina Lal Kidwai, Group General Manager and Country Head, India, HSBC Holdings PLC
13. Ana Patricia Botín, Executive Chairman, Banco Español de Credito
14. Maureen Chiquet, Global CEO-Designate, Chanel
15. Marjorie Scardino, CEO, Pearson PLC
16. UrsulaM. Burns, President, Business Group Operations, Xerox Corp.
17. Linda Chatman Thomsen, Director of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
18. Susan Whiting, CEO, Nielsen Media Research
19. Mary Ma, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Lenovo Group
20. Mary Schapiro, Chairman and CEO, National Association of Securities Dealers
21. Silvia Lagnado, Vice President for Savory, Chilled and Frozen Foods, Unilever
22. Deb Henretta, President, ASEAN, Australasia and India Markets, Procter & Gamble Co.
23. Ellen J. Kullman, Executive Vice President, DuPont Co.
24. Debra L. Lee, Chairman and CEO, Black Entertainment Television
25. Mary F. Sammons, CEO, Rite-Aid Corp.
26. Laura Desmond, CEO, Starcom MediaVest The Americas
27. Jane Friedman, President and CEO, HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide
28. Christina Gold, CEO, Western Union Co.
29. Charlene Begley, Chief Executive and President, GE Plastics
30. Wei Christianson, China Chief Executive, Morgan Stanley
31. Amy Woods Brinkley, Global Risk Executive, Bank of America Corp.
32. Ann Livermore, Executive Vice President, Hewlett-Packard Co.
33. Vivienne Cox, Executive Vice President, Gas, Power and Trading, BP PLC
34. Mary Minnick, Executive Vice Pesident/President of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation, Coca-Cola
35. Christine Poon, Vice Chairman, Johnson & Johnson
36. Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Chief of Product Development, Genentech Inc.
37. Cynthia Carroll, CEO-Designate, Anglo American PLC
38. Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry Group PLC
39. Jerri DeVard, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Brand Management, Verizon Communications Inc.
40. Patricia A. Curran, Executive Vice President, Store Operations, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
41. Mary Dillon, Executive Vice President and Global Chief Marketing Officer, McDonald's Corp.
42. Anne-Marie Idrac, President, SNCF French railways
43. Frida Giannini, Creative Director, Gucci
44. Akiko Ide, Senior Vice President, NTT DoCoMo Inc.
45. Helene Gayle, President and CEO, CARE
46. Susan Lyne, CEO, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc.
47. Susan Decker, CFO, Yahoo Inc.
48. Anne Sweeney, president, Disney-ABC Television Group
49. Liz Vanzura, Global Marketing Director, Cadillac
50. Michelle Kristula-Green, President, Leo Burnett Asia-Pacific
TEN WOMEN TO WATCH IN EUROPE (listed alphabetically)
Silvana Armani - Member of the board - Giorgio Armani SpA, Italy
Laura Ferro - Chairwoman and chief executive officer Gentium SpA , Italy
Dagmar Kollman - Country head for Germany and Austria Morgan Stanley Bank AG, Germany
Adeline Lescanne - Director of Plumpy/Nut in the field Nutriset SAS , France
Natalie Massenet - Founder Net-a-Porter Ltd., U.K.
Liz Mohn - Member of the supervisory board Bertelsmann AG, Germany
Pascale Mussard - Co-artistic director Hermès International SA, France
Viviane Reding - Commissioner for Information Society and Media European Union , Belgium
Anita Roddick - Consultant The Body Shop and L'Oréal SA, U.K.
Dianne Thompson - Chief executive Camelot Group PLC, U.K.